Fisher Investments believes that strong financial literacy skills can help people achieve long-term life goals. That’s why they are offering the “Invest in Your Future” College Scholarship Program. The program is open to applicants who are pursuing a degree in Business, Law, Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
A college student who is demonstrating financial literacy skills and is committed to achieving its financial goals will receive a $5,000 award. They encourage applicants for a commitment to achieving their short and long-term financial goals, and outstanding academic performance.
Fisher Investments is one of the largest independent wealth management firms in the United States. This firm is proud of its unique customer service, flexible investment approach, and special business model.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019 (January 31st & June 30th each year)
- Course Level: The scholarship is open at all college or university degree courses
- Scholarship Award: the scholarship will provide one $5,000 scholarships at the conclusion of each application cycle
- Numbers of Award: There is only one scholarship available
- Nationality: United States citizen and resident of the United States
- Scholarship can be taken in the United States
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: United States citizen and resident of the United States are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in a field which promotes financial literacy such as Business, Law, Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Eligibility Criteria: The eligibility requirements for the Scholarship are as follows:
- Must be pursuing a degree in a field which promotes financial literacy such as Business, Law, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Must be enrolled in a college or university located within the United States or its territories and accredited by the U.S. Department of Education (for a list of accredited institutions, see http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx) at the time of application and at the time the Scholarship is awarded
- Must be at least 17 years old at the time of application
- Must be a United States citizen and resident of the United States
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicants from all backgrounds, including those typically underrepresented in the fields of business and finance (such as, but not limited to, women, racial minorities, LGBTQ persons, veterans, students with disabilities, and first-generation college students), are encouraged to apply
For this Fisher Investments “Invest in Your Future” College Scholarship, students must complete the online scholarship application by the application deadline.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.fisherinvestments.com/en-us/scholarship
As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- Students must also complete a 500-word essay on the topic of financial planning. Applications will be judged based on the applicants’ written communication skills, financial literacy skills, demonstrated a commitment to achieving stated financial goals, academic performance, and the creativity, clarity, and overall strength of their scholarship essay.
- Essay Topic (500 Words Max) what are your short and long-term financial goals? How do you plan to achieve these goals? What financial strategies (such as budgeting, investing, saving, and debt management) will you use and why?
To participate in this program, the applicants must be enrolled in a college or university located within the United States or its territories and accredited by the U.S. Department of Education at the time of application and at the time the Scholarship is awarded.
Fisher Investments will award one $5,000 Scholarships at the conclusion of each application cycle.