Bill Gates Scholarship is renowned as one of the most prestigious international scholarships worldwide. Bill Gates Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time Bachelor and postgraduate degrees in available courses at the selected Universities in USA, Australia, Europe and University of Cambridge. Prior objective of the foundation remain to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology and verily to improve healthcare and reduce extreme poverty in the third world countries.
Bill Gates Foundation Scholarship covers the full cost of studying including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs and provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Interested applicants must posses:
- Decent academic track record
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- commitment to improving the lives of others
- an excellent fit between the applicant’s qualifications / aspirations and the bachelor/ postgraduate programme at university on intends to apply for.
The Costs covered are:
- University acceptance Fee at the appropriate rate;
- Maintenance allowance for a international students ($17,500 for 12 months; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- An economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course;
- Visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
Available Host Institution(s):
The foundation offers study opportunities in Selected Universities in;
- United Kingdom
Level of Degree:
- Undergraduate Level-BSc
Postgraduate level-MSc,PhD, or a one year postgraduate course in a course offered at the selected Universities
Available Scholarship Awards:
1200 International Scholarships are awarded by the foundation each year.
Eligible Countries To Apply:
Non Citizens of the United Kingdom.
One can apply for a Bill Gates Foundation Scholarship if one is:
• a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• One who is to pursue any of the following full-time residential courses of study: 1.PhD (three year research-only degree);2. MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or 3. One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Applications portal opens on 21st FEBRUARY 2019.
An eligible candidate must submit an application for an undergraduate and graduate admission. There are two Bill Gates Fully Funded Scholarship application deadlines: 27 May 2019 for 1st offer applicants and 30th May 2019 for 2nd Offer applicants.
Your Personal Profile
Include Country code and City code
The country of your citizenship
|Stages Of Application||Round 1||Round 2|
|Applications Portal open||21 February 2019||3 march 2019|
|Application deadline||27 May 2018||23 June 2019|
|Scholarship Trust shortlisting||Mid-May||Early May|
|Successful Candidate Interview||Late May||Early May|
|Interviews||25 & 26 May 2019||26 & 27 June 2019|
|Scholarships offered||Early July||Late July|
|Scholarships accepted||72 hours after offer||48 hours after offer|